Sunday, August 29, 2010

tweet tweet

I hope everybody had a great weekend! Here is one of the cards I taught in my August "Strictly Business" card class. I recently learned how to sew, and now I'm outta control!! I'm sewing on everything I can get my hands on. So...you may notice that every project from now on will probably have some amount of sewing on it. While it did make kitting my class a bit of a chore, I think it was worth it. I think the gals in my class appreciated that it was all done for them. Anyway, the finished size of this card is 8.5" x 4". Isn't it tweet?
Supplies: patterned paper is American Crafts, cardstocks are Bazzill and American Crafts, stamp is CraftSmart (Michael's $1 bin), ink is Versafine Onyx, Prismacolor markers, circle punch is Marvy, ribbon is Creative Imaginations, Nestabilities Labels 6 and Petite Scalloped Circles, words are computer generated, stick pin is Dritz, "embossed" grid done with Scor-Pal, and machine stitching with Singer thread

Here is a close-up of the "embossed" grid. I used my Scor-Pal to score horizontal and vertical lines every 1/2". The "tweet tweet" was computer generated, and I cut the tag shape freehand. Thanks for looking!

No comments: