Sunday, August 30, 2009

i'm not lion...

I bought the cutest set of Sandylion stamps a few months ago, and just recently used them for the first time. Now usually, I'm not the biggest fan of Sandylion products, but this set from Michael's was just too cute to pass up. Here's what the set looks like, and for this card I used the adorable lion up near the top. I have also made cards using the monkey and rocket ship, and will post those later.
Now, my father-in-law just had surgery, so I made him a get well card. First, I stamped the lion onto white Georgia Pacific cardstock using Timber Brown Staz-On ink. Then I colored him in with Prismacolor markers that matched the background paper I used. The patterned papers are Cosmo Cricket, and the cardstock for the base is Bazzill. The bottom zig-zag border punch is EK Success, and the two scalloped patterns are Martha Stewart border punches. Stick pins are Dritz, and I used earring backs to cap the points. I used my Marvy Uchida corner rounder on the top corners of the card and patterned papers. Ribbon is from my stash, and the brown pen is American Crafts. I wrote the words "i'm not lion..." on the front of the card...
...and here's the inside of the card. It reads "...i hope you feel better soon".
Here's a close-up of the cute little guy:
Another view:

2 comments:

Side Street Style said...

wow what a beautiful card....you are really talented

Lucinda Perry said...

Kimberly,
Just a quick question on your cards. After you stamped the images, how did you get them cut out so accurately? Did you just use scissors or did you use a different tool? Thanks.