Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I'm nuts about you

I bought a bunch of scalloped Bazzill cardstock last year sometime, and have never used it (it got lost in the stash)...until now! It was a lot of fun to use on this card. It already had the holes in it too, so I triple-stitched them with white floss. The base cardstock is also Bazzill, and the white cardstock that the squirrel is on is Georgia Pacific. The patterned papers are Three Bugs in a Rug. The squirrel stamp is by Recollections, and stamped with Staz-On Timber Brown ink. I colored it in with Prismacolor markers. The ribbon is Offray, and the brown pen I used on the sentiment is American Crafts. Finished size is 4.5" x 6". Thanks for looking!
Here's a close-up of my squirrel. I stamped him (a pink squirrel can be a boy, right?) on Georgia Pacific cardstock, and then cut him out using my Cutterbee scissors. If you don't have a pair yet, GET ONE! They are sharp to the very tip, and therefore great for making small, detailed cuts. Anyway, I then adhered the squirrel to another piece of Georgia Pacific cardstock, cut at 2" x 2". I rounded the corners with a Marvy punch.
And here's just another view:

No comments: