Monday, February 2, 2009

l o v e wordbook (Cricut Expression 201 project)

Okay, as promised to the students in my class...here are the page-by-page pictures of the word book we made in the Cricut Expression 201 classes on January 23 and 25. For those of you who are seeing this for the first time, this is a word book that spells out "love." I really like the look of the premade word books that are out there, but altering them is not always that much fun. So, I designed a word book that incorporates the Cricut Expression. For the base of the book, I used chipboard that was cut with a paper trimmer. The book is 6" tall, and there are five pages. The page widths are 2", 4", 6", 8", and 10". The patterned paper that covers the chipboard was also cut with a paper trimmer in the same sizes. The remainder of the cuts you see were cut using the Cricut Expression machine and the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge. The patterned papers are American Crafts, and the cardstock and brads are Bazzill. Ribbon is May Arts, "xoxo" stamp is Studio G, and the two corner stamps are Heidi Swapp. All were stamped with black Staz-On. The binder rings are from OfficeMax.

Here is a picture of the back side of the cover and the "L" page.
Here is the back side of the "L" and the "O" page.
Here we have the back side of the "O" and the "V" page, showing one of the corner stamps.

And here is the back of the "V" page, showing the other corner stamp, and the "E" page.
This was a fun little project to design and teach. Please feel free to post any questions about the book or cut sizes. Thanks for looking!




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely Beautiful! Love the paper choices!! TFS

Laura said...

That is a wonderful project, awesome details...I may have to try it soon!

Thank you!
Laura

http://thealliancetrader.blogspot.com/

Jen Young said...

Beautful job- this would be a great first project for me with my new expression (patiently waiting for it in the mail...). Could you send me the directions on how to make this?

Jen Young said...

I"m sorry my email address is youngsscrapping@gmail.com

Thank you!

Jen

Unknown said...

Hi there, I really love your project. I just buy a Cricut and want to try this project. Can you email me how to make it? My email is thuyle130@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Hi there, I really love your project. I just bought a Cricut and want to try your project. Can you email me how to make it. My email is thuyle130@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Ashley.Eddie said...

Hi. I love this. It is such an awesome job. You really have talent. :] Is there any way you could email me the directions on how to make it? a.alanis91@yahoo.com. Please and thank you